March 16, 2016

Toilet Room Makeover


Well it's official. The Smallest Room in the House has had a Makeover!
On the top of my to-do list for Project 2016 was to make this room a bit more... um, functional.



There was nothing wrong with our previous toilet room, it just needed a little more storage.



With our home becoming a rapidly revolving door of young women and tween-aged boys, I thought it prudent to incorporate a small storage unit that could inconspicuously house extra toilet rolls and feminine products.


I found this little unit at Kmart and it's the perfect fit for our small space. The water hyacinth baskets appeal to my eco-tendencies and the top is just perfect for a scented candle or little vignette.

Once I placed it in the corner, my triptych frame of dogwoods looked out of place - it was too long and no matter how I styled the top of the unit, I couldn't get the look I was after.


So I took the frame down and just focused on styling the unit instead. I toyed with the idea of hanging a large round mirror (currently on our deck) on the wall, and although it looked great, probably isn't practical with boys in the house... I could just see my son and his friends pulling faces at themselves in the mirror and not watching what they're doing... if you know what I mean ;)


So I scrapped that idea and instead hung this DIY rustic wreath. In my next post I'll show you how I made it.


I'm really happy with my little makeover, and I can easily change up the vignette to suit the seasons!

3 comments:

  1. Those few touches made a big difference! I have a small bathroom that needs a quick fix also so thanks for the inspiration. Thanks also for sharing this at Celebrate Your Story link party. Hope to see you there again and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the rustic wreath! -Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wreath and I know what you are talking about with a mirror, probably not the best place for one! Thanks for sharing at Celebrate Your Story. The new party opens at 8 PM EST tonight, I hope you join us!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.